Thrive Community Support Circle is a diverse agency dedicated to offering services that are inclusive to all persons, in all stages, to cultivate life, provide opportunities for empowerment, and to grow the community we serve.
Thrive believes in the potential of people and communities to grow and create change in a positive way. Through our community services including the programming, therapeutic counselling, drop in, thrift shop and child care, we provide opportunities and support to individuals to create this change in themselves and the community as defined in their personal journey. By working in cooperation with partnerships of other community agencies; recruiting qualified, caring and like-minded staff, volunteers and donors, and by respecting each person’s individuality, we provide community members with professional and supportive service within the context of our resources.
Our Guiding Principles
At Thrive Community Support Circle we believe:
- All people regardless of race, religion, status, means, ability, or sexual orientation are empowered to make their own choices about their lives
- All people have equal rights and deserve to be treated equally in all areas of community and economic life
- All people are unique and have a right to services that are flexible, non-judgmental, confidential, and respectful of their culture and religious beliefs
- All people have the right to be heard and respected as the author of their own lives, including the right to a new beginning in their journey
- Staff, participants, volunteers, and community members have the right to a healthy and safe environment
- Communities, organizations, and society all play an important role in supporting individuals in the efforts to be empowered and make their own choices
- Systemic and societal conditions and barriers contribute to the poverty, inequity, abuse, isolation, and dependency of vulnerable persons
- All programs and services must respond to the changing needs of participants and the community
- In actively participating in our community by building relationships, and working collaboratively with community organizations and community members
- Healthy individuals lead to healthy families and stronger communities.