Thank you for supporting the Thrive Thrift Shop with your donation!
Did you know that your donation…
- Provides the West Central community access to good quality items at affordable prices
- Provides opportunities for individuals to gain work experience through volunteering
- Supports the programs of Thrive Community Support Circle Inc.
- Breaks down language barriers
- Empowers people to help each other
- Brings community closer together
Many of our volunteers are from various programs, including disability programs, work experience programs, the Fine Options program, and volunteers doing court-mandated community service. The store supports the programs that are offered at our Resource Centre.
We are extremely grateful that you choose to bring your donations to Thrive. We would not be able to continue offering programs to our community without the help of generous donors such as you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our work.
- Donations are accepted Monday-Saturday, 10:00-4:00 at 555 Spence Street. Please bring donations to the back door and ring the green bell for assistance.
- If you are bringing large donations or a lot of donations, we ask that you call us first at 204.783.9281.
- Please make sure that you do not pack your donations in large, heavy bags or boxes, since these are difficult for our volunteers to lift.
- If you are unable to drop your donations off and would like to schedule a pick up, please call Kristy at 204.783.9281.
Donations accepted include:
- Clothing and footwear
- Kitchenware and dishes
- Toys and baby accessories
- Blankets, sheets, towels, and other linens
- Home Decor
- Seasonal items
Items that are always in need:
- Pots and pans
- Backpacks and luggage
- Children’s items (strollers, car seats, playpens, etc.) that are clean and in good condition, have all of their original labels, and still meet current safety guidelines
We cannot accept the following:
- Old TVs
- Textbooks over 5 years old
- Puzzles and toys that are missing pieces or blow-up toys
- Anything that is battered or in disrepair
- Light fixtures (that need electrical hook up)
- Electronics or appliances that do not work
- Children’s products (car seats, strollers, cribs, etc.) that are missing labels, or are broken in any way, or do not meet current safety guidelines
- Bike helmets
- Used Make up
- Infant bath seats
If you have any questions about what donations we accept, please phone Kristy at 204.783.9281 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not donate anything that is stained, ripped, torn or discoloured. Most of us think “Well, someone can use it!” but our customers WILL NOT purchase damaged items and we only want to sell items in great shape!