Job Status: Full time
Salary Range: Salary compensation commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date: August 01, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Job Title: Thrift Shop and Community Support Staff
The Thrift Shop and Community Support Staff’s role is a new position. The objective of this role is to work directly with the many diverse people who live in the West End community and to create a friendly and helpful atmosphere, to ensure that sales are processed properly, and to keep the store clean and well-organized.
We’re looking for a self-starter who can manage their time effectively. The role requires daily organizing and reorganizing, restocking shelves, cleaning, and maintaining safety with products offered for sale, determine optimum flow of store goods to be sold, create optimum flow for a maximum customer experience, operating cash register.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service, attentive to customers at all times, as well, direct customers to other departments of Thrive if necessary.
- Cashier duties: Manage transactions, ensure pricing is accurate, collect payments, redeem coupons, cash out duties, ensuring balanced float and correct daily revenue.
- Highly organized: Keep the store tidy and organized, including racks and shelves, arranging displays, dusting or vacuuming as needed and all goods are clean, safe, and in good condition.
- Promote sales and events, answer phones, give information, price goods.
- Provide instructions, feedback, and assignments to new volunteers.
- Represent agency at community meetings when requested.
- Background or knowledge in addictions, mental health, disabilities, ageing, working with other cultures is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times and work cooperatively within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work well in a busy environment with frequent interruptions, light physical work, including moving boxes and bags of donations.
- Excited about working with a diverse group of people and providing volunteers with a meaningful experience, including the opportunity to serve the community and learn new skills.
- Familiarity with the West Central neighbourhood is an asset.
How to Apply
Submit Resume and a Cover Letter to: Kristy Muckosky: firstname.lastname@example.org