Do you have a simple tax situation and need help filing your taxes? Thrive provides a CRA approved service that allows us to book a brief in-person appointment with you at our office to get the process of filing your taxes started.
Thrive operates a Community Volunteer Income Tax Program for eligible participants. We’ll help file income tax returns either online or on paper (depending on the year(s) being filed). Participants can be provided printed summaries of their tax returns.
- Those who are currently single individuals whose personal income does NOT exceed $35,000.
- Single parents with total income less than $45,000.
- $45,000 for a married or common-law couple, with an extra $2,500 in income allowed for each child/dependent.
- Note that taxes are not prepared for: self-employed, rental, end of life, or interest income.
You are NOT eligible if any of the following apply to your circumstances:
- Self-employment income or employment expenses
- Business or rental income and expenses
- Interest income over $1,000
- Capital gains or losses
- Foreign property (T1135)
- Bankrupt individuals in the year of bankruptcy (or the year prior, if that return has not been filed)
- Deceased individual
What to bring to your appointment:
- Bring all T-slips and a piece of valid Identification (driver’s license, Manitoba Health card, or birth certificate), plus any other information required for taxes.
- Married/common-law couples should attend together.