Together We Will Thrive, Building For Generations
Thrive’s existing space is severely limited and cannot meet the growing demand for services. Your gift will fund the construction of a new building – so we can continue to be a vital resource and place of connection for more than 20,000 families.
The need for more space
Thrive currently must operate out of three separate locations in the Spence neighbourhood.
A main inadequacy is the lack of private spaces for urgent care and 1-1 support, which is critical for people experiencing sexual abuse, domestic abuse, or addiction-related issues.
The current space is also not accessible and has no public washroom.
The Capital Campaign
The Building For Generations Capital Campaign will fund the construction of a new two-story building at 555 Spence St. in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The building will create a fully accessible space and will:
- Increase program offerings and program capacity, including offering evening programs.
- Add private, secure spaces for counselling and 1-1 support.
- Include a washroom for community use.
- Multipurpose room for community events and activities.
- Provide all youth & adult programs under one roof.
- Classroom for Thrive’s parenting, mental health, and gender-based programs.
- Have a large drop-in space that will include a kitchenette, where community members can eat, visit, and locate resources.
- Include a dedicated cultural room for community members to engage in cultural practices.
- Allow for a more coordinated safety plan in case of emergency or lockdown.
Learn More About the Campaign
To learn more about Thrive’s capital campaign, please see or print our Case for Support (pdf), which outlines the value of Thrive to the community, the critical need for more space, and project details.
Make Your Gift Today
It is because you give that we can thrive.
Your gift will help us build for generations.
Join us for the 2nd Annual Quiz Night in support of Thrive Community Support Circle. This event is open to all, and we invite you to bring your friends and family for a night of shared stories, friendly competition, great meals, and laughter.
Gather your team of 8 people per table, or let us help you put one together.
We look forward to seeing you there!